I stumbled over this beautiful online service, called ifttt (stands for if this then that spoken like gift without the g). Basically you can make scripe-like automation for different services like Evernote, Facebook, Dropbox or RSS. As the name says, you can define so-called recipies: If X happens, do Y.
Some examples are:
- Copy Feedly articles to pocket click
- Save Twitter Favs to Evernote click
- Email alert for Amazon’s free mp3 click
- Stalk someone’s Instagram via email click
- Autoupload iOS photos to Flickr click
Right now, there are 71 so-called Channels [trigger/action sources] as for example: Box, Craigslist, Dropbox, Evernote, Feedly, Gmail, Google Calendar, Last.fm, Phone Calls, SMS, Soundcloud, Twitter, Tumblr, Yourube, Wordpress and so on.
You should give it a try! If you are looking for more sophisticated tools, I recommend Yahoo Pipes.
blog comments powered by Disqus